Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Advanced Manufacturing Operations Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer role at Milwaukee Tool is critical within the New Product Development organization. Identifying, designing, and developing capable manufacturing processes for new products and providing input to the design process regarding costing and manufacturability in the early phases of a project is critical to success.
The following are detailed performance goals for the Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer opportunity. When measuring overall technical skills, cultural fit and aptitude, all candidates will be benchmarked using these standards.
The most significant portion of the engineers' responsibilities occur in the earliest stages of the New Product Development (NPD) process. The highly collaborative team environment in the NPD process at Milwaukee tool relies on teams in several locations pulling together discrete contributions that mesh within the VPIN/VIGOR development framework. Some specific items that this role is RESPONSIBLE for:
- Product cost estimates based on historical processes and new/innovative processes under consideration.
- Reverse engineering of competitive products to develop cost data and potential manufacturing processes.
- Disruptive / Innovative manufacturing process discovery and research.
- Providing multiple manufacturing process scenarios and their related costs.
- Process flow diagrams to support required VIGOR documents.
- Contributing to risk assessment exercises.
- Maintenance of documentation repository for central project data storage and access.
- Development of standard project templates and documents.
The engineer will be in a CONTRIBUTING/SUPPORT role for:
- FMEA/PFMEA construction.
- Feasibility/manufacturability research.
- New equipment and innovative process research.
- RFQ documents
- Assistance with manufacturing equipment selection
Effective project management and implementation will rely on persistence and an ability to communicate.
- Projects are likely to involve one or more outside vendors, manufacturing facilities outside of Brookfield, and all levels of internal staff. Ability to cultivate dialogue with the affected facilities and individuals about proposed solutions is critical.
- Project duration is typically 3 to 18 months and will require a sustained drive through implementation and release to production.
- Likely workload will be 2-6 active projects. Ability to organize and manage this workload while achieving forward progress is required.
- A sense of urgency and respect for speed-to-market is needed, and a healthy impatience with the status quo is a required characteristic of a successful candidate.
- Degree in Engineering or Technology.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a manufacturing engineering environment.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience with developing manufacturing cost data.
- Advanced PC skills in MS Office products.
- Experience with Solidworks preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled