Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Metallurgical Engineer in Greenwood, Mississippi
- Determine appropriate heat treat recipes and creates heat treat process sheets for carburizing, normalizing, quench, temper, stress relief, induction hardening, flame hardening, and other associated processes.
- Prepare and analyze samples, including case depth and metallography analysis.
- Advise repair, maintenance, and rebuild of production heat treat equipment based on sample analysis, furnace chart analysis, etc.
- Identify and advise any tooling, gaging, instrumentation, or capital equipment needs for the heat treat facility.
- Participate and support in failure analysis.
- Minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Materials Science Engineering required.
- 5 to 10 years of industrial experience in materials selection, failure analysis, materials processing, steel making, materials testing, welding metallurgy and metallographic interpretation required.
- Experience in failure, fatigue and microstructure analysis preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of the global materials community and standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled